Welcome First-Time Conference Attendees!
The size of the APAP|NYC conference and volume of activities can be an overwhelming experience. The information below provides the resources you need to get the most out of your time in New York City.
Webinars for First-Time APAP|NYC Attendees
Make the most of APAP|NYC 2015! During these free informational webinars, APAP staff and a panel of seasoned conference attendees will walk you through the APAP|NYC experience and suggest how to make the most of your five days in New York City.
New Colleagues Orientation
APAP welcomes new colleagues who are attending APAP|NYC for the first time. We invite you to attend the New Colleagues Orientation whether you are a professional in the performing arts field who has never attended the conference before or someone who simply wants a refresher course in order to make the most of your APAP|NYC conference experience. The New Colleagues Orientation at APAP|NYC takes place in the afternoon of Friday, January 9, 2015.
Sign up for an APAP|NYC mentor!
As a first-time APAP|NYC attendee, we encourage you to sign up for our mentoring program. This time-honored APAP tradition has fostered some wonderful relationships that span entire careers. We match you with an experienced field professional, who will contact you before the conference to answer any questions you might have. When you arrive in New York for APAP|NYC, plan to attend the New Colleagues Orientation on Friday, January 9, 2015 to continue discussions!
To sign up for a mentor, select the "I would like a mentor" option in the APAP|NYC registration process. Alternatively, send a note to email@example.com and provide your full contact information; we will be in touch to register you for the mentoring program.
Checklist for APAP|NYC First-Timers
- Plan your time at APAP|NYC by viewing the detailed online schedule.
- Don't forget your business cards.
- While at conference, designate time to go through the entire showcase listing book and learn how to use the showcase listing book.
- Take in as much as you can, but pace yourself. You won't be able to do it all.
- Get a few nights of great sleep prior to the conference - arrive well-rested.
- Eat well! Drink plenty of water.
- Book a consultation salon appointment online in advance of the conference.
- Bring materials for note taking and keep your notes organized.
- Visit the APAP|NYC Info desk with questions or concerns you may have.
- Get a good map of NYC and the subway system.
- Be open to new experiences and to meeting new people.
- Dress appropriately for winter and wear comfortable shoes.
- Don't judge a booth by its cover.
More Resources for First-Timers
Keep track of all of the important APAP|NYC dates and deadlines you need to be aware of.
Photo: APAP|NYC first-timers attend an orientation session, by Jacob Belcher/APAP.