Welcome First-Time Conference Attendees!
The size of the APAP|NYC conference and volume of activities can be an overwhelming experience. The links below will help provide you with the resources you need to get the most out of your time in New York, and help you prioritize materials and information.
New Colleague Orientation
APAP welcomes all of our new colleagues who are attending APAP|NYC for the first time. We invite you to attend the New Colleagues Orientation whether you are a professional in the performing arts field who has never attended the conference before or someone who simply wants a refresher course in order to make the most of your APAP|NYC conference experience. The New Colleagues Orientation at APAP|NYC is scheduled in the afternoon of Friday, January 10, 2014.
Sign up for an APAP|NYC mentor!
As a first-time APAP|NYC attendee, we encourage you to sign up for our mentoring program. This time-honored APAP tradition has fostered some wonderful relationships that span entire careers. We match you with an experienced field professional, who will contact you before the conference to answer any questions you might have. When you arrive in New York for APAP|NYC, plan to attend the New Colleagues Orientation on Friday, January 10, 2014 to continue discussions!
In order to qualify for the Mentoring Program, you must be a registered conference attendee. If you missed the "I would like a mentor" option while going through the registration process – don’t worry! Just send a note to: email@example.com. Please put “Mentoring Program” as the subject of the email, and provide us with your full contact information; someone will be in touch to register you for the mentoring program.
Checklist for APAP|NYC First-Timers
- Plan your time at APAP|NYC by viewing the detailed online schedule.
- Don't forget your business cards.
- While at conference, designate time to go through the entire showcase listing book and learn how to use the showcase listing book.
- Take in as much as you can, but pace yourself. You won't be able to do it all.
- Get a few nights of great sleep prior to the conference - arrive well-rested.
- Eat well! Drink plenty of water.
- Book a consultation salon appointment online in advance of the conference.
- Bring materials for note taking and keep your notes organized.
- Visit the APAP|NYC Info desk with questions or concerns you may have.
- Get a good map of NYC and the subway system.
- Be open to new experiences and to meeting new people.
- Dress appropriately for winter and wear comfortable shoes.
- Don't judge a booth by its cover.
More Resources for First-Timers
Keep track of all of the important APAP|NYC dates and deadlines you need to be aware of.