Save the date! APAP|NYC 2015 is January 9-13.
This webpage is about last year's conference and should be used for informational purposes only.
The deadline to purchase a booth for inclusion in the printed hall maps is
5 p.m. (EST), Tuesday, November 26, 2013.
- What is the EXPO Hall?
- How do I buy a booth?
- How much will my booth cost?
- When can I buy my booth?
- What are the load-in and load-out times?
- What are the late load-in and early load-out booths?
- What if I have large or heavy exhibit materials to load-in?
- Can I track who visits my booth?
- What should I do to make sure the online exhibitor registration process goes quickly and I get the best location?
- When is the full booth payment due?
- If I choose to complete my booth registration in two payments, will I still be able to select my booth before APAP receives the second payment?
- Can I choose my own booth or will APAP choose it for me?
- Will I be able to get the same booth every year?
- I want my booth to be located next to or near my colleague. How do I make that happen?
- May I share my booth with another delegate?
- If booths are sold out, can I place my name on a waiting list?
- What is the procedure for assigning and purchasing booth badges?
- If I have a problem buying a booth online, who do I call?
- What equipment is provided with the booths?
- How tall may my exhibit be inside my booth?
- Who is the EXPO Hall decorator?
- Who are the floor managers in the EXPO Hall and what are their responsibilities?
- Who provides audiovisual equipment for exhibitors?
- Who provides electricity to the exhibit booths?
- What free advertising is provided to exhibitors?
- What other advertising or promotional opportunities are available to exhibitors?
1. What is the EXPO Hall?
The APAP|NYC EXPO Hall offers a unique opportunity to market and promote your artists, products and creative services. Consisting of 370 booths, the EXPO Hall is the business hub for touring artists and companies, artist representatives, booking agencies, presenting groups, consultants and vendors. The EXPO Hall is spread over three spacious floors of the Hilton New York Midtown. Each floor has its own name:
- Rhinelander is the main entrance to the EXPO Hall and is located on the second floor of the hotel. It is on the same floor as the conference registration area and contains over 100 booths.
- Americas Hall I is on the third floor of the hotel and can be accessed from the escalators in Rhinelander. The popular exhibit hall holds over 100 booths.
- Americas Hall II is on the fourth level of the hotel and must be accessed from inside the EXPO Hall via the escalator in Americas Hall I. Americas Hall II holds over 100 booths.
2. How do I buy a booth?
If you are not currently an APAP member, you must be an APAP member to buy a booth. Learn more about APAP membership.
If you are a current member of APAP member, you are eligible to purchase a booth! Please note that your membership must be valid to check-in at APAP|NYC. If your membership expires before January 31, 2014, you will need to renew your membership prior to the conference. Call 202.833.2787 to confirm membership status.
- To purchase a booth, you must be registered as an APAP|NYC conference attendee.
- From the APAP|NYC home page, click the Login button to access your MyAPAPConference page. On that page, click Purchase an EXPO Hall Booth and follow the steps to select the booth of your choice.
See important dates and rates relevant to exhibiting! Please be advised that dates are subject to change.
3. How much will my booth cost?
Booth Badges Included
|10 x 5 (10' deep and 5' wide):
|10 x 5 corner:
|5 x 10 (5' deep and 10' wide):
|5 x 10 corner:
|8 x 10 (8' deep and 10' wide):
|8 x 10 corner:
|10 x 10 (10' deep and 10' wide):
|10 x 10 corner:
EXPO Hall booth selection is based on a seniority system! APAP values and recognizes companies that return to APAP|NYC year after year contributing to the diversity and excitement of the EXPO Hall. The tier structure below illustrates the years and dates of this process. All returning exhibitors have been notified of the tier into which they fall. If you have not received this notification, please contact APAP staff at 1.888.717.APAP.
The years are calculated based the number of consecutive years one organization or company has exhibited at APAP|NYC.
5. What are the load-in and load-out times?
EXPO Hall Load In
Friday, January 10, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Saturday, January 11, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
EXPO Hall Load Out
Monday, January 13, 6 p.m.-10 p.m.
6. What are the late load-in and early load-out booths?
Booths 601, 611, 823, 901 and 909 are late load-in/early load-out booths. If you purchase any of these booths, you must load in only on Saturday, January 11, 2014 from noon-1 p.m. You must load out immediately following the close of the EXPO Hall, 6 p.m., Monday, January 13, 2014.
7. What if I have large or heavy exhibit materials to load-in?
All exhibit materials over thirty pounds must be transported to the exhibit hall from the loading docks. Drayage charges may apply. Exhibitors are expressly prohibited from utilizing the escalators for oversize or heavy materials to prevent damage to the equipment.
8. Can I track who visits my booth?
Lead retrieval goes mobile in 2014! Use your own mobile phone (or rent a device) to track who visits your booth. When you scan a name badge bar code, you’ll have instant access to contact information, making business follow-up even easier after you leave NYC. Learn more and purchase a device activation code.
9. What should I do to make sure the online exhibitor registration process goes quickly and I get the best location?
The best way to insure a speedy process for registration is to make sure your organization's APAP membership is up-to-date and your staff list is current.
10. When is the full booth payment due?
Payment-in-full for your conference registration is required before buying a booth. You will be required to pay at least a 50% deposit (by credit card) at the time you reserve your booth. The booth balance will be due by date TBA along with any other outstanding balances you have (such as advertising). Additional costs such as electricity, equipment or décor for your booth are purchased separately within the GES Exhibitor Kit and are not due at the time you buy a booth.
11. If I choose to complete my booth registration in two payments, will I still be able to select my booth before APAP receives the second payment?
Yes. If you pay by credit card, you will be able to select your booth and sign up for a split payment process. The APAP registration service will be unable to automatically charge your credit card for the final booth payment. Exhibitors will receive an email reminding them to log in to their account and pay the balance due.
12. Can I choose my own booth or will APAP choose it for me?
You can choose your own booth. APAP can help you along the way: call Judy Moore, conference manager, at 1.888.717.2727.
13. Will I be able to get the same booth every year?
Booths are sold on a first-come, first-served basis. As long as the booth has not already been sold to another member, then the location should be yours. Buy your booth early!
14. I want my booth to be located next to or near my colleague. How do I make that happen?
There is no guarantee you will be next to or near your colleague, but there are steps you can take to improve your chances. On the interactive EXPO Hall Map, you can see who has purchased a booth and where they will be located. We recommend you coordinate with your colleagues to provide the greatest chance to be near each other.
15. May I share my booth with another delegate?
No. APAP has a strict no-share booth policy. Only one company per booth is allowed.
16. If booths are sold out, can I place my name on a waiting list?
There is no waiting list. We suggest that you check the interactive floor plan periodically to see if any booths become available.
17. If I have a problem buying a booth online, who do I call?
Please call the APAP conference hotline at 1.888.717.APAP, Monday through Friday, 10:00 am-5:30 pm ET. If you have a member-related inquiry, please call the membership department at 1.888.820.ARTS.
18. What is the procedure for assigning and purchasing booth badges?
Skip the on-site lines and assign and buy booth badges online! After buying a booth, log in to your MyAPAPConference page. Click the link for Booth Badge Assignments. Here, you can manage your complimentary booth personnel and purchase additional badges. You may purchase additional badges online for $200 per badge through Wednesday, January 8. After January 8, badges may be purchased on-site for $300.
19. What equipment is provided with the booths?
Each booth is equipped with a 8' high back drape and two 3' high side-draped dividers, a 11"X17" company name sign, two chairs, two 6' x 36" skirted tables in 10' booths or one 4' table in 5' booths, and one wastebasket. If you are in a 5' booth and would like a second 4' table, please order at the GES Service desk. Security for the EXPO Hall is also provided by APAP.
20. How tall may my exhibit be inside my booth?
Your exhibit and furniture may not exceed eight feet in height, nor may you place any exhibit materials in the aisles of the hall. Your display must fit within the dimensions of your booth. All pop-up exhibit furniture may not be any wider than 12 inches and must be placed on the back wall of your booth. Any exhibit display item exceeding 3.5 feet in height must be placed on the back wall of the booth. Exhibits exceeding this amount will block the view into your neighbor's booth. Exhibitors who violate these requirements will be asked to remove the items in question. Failure to abide by the rules may result in booth cancellation and removal from the exhibit hall and forfeiture of all fees.
21. Who is the EXPO Hall decorator?
GES is our contracted EXPO Hall decorator. Extra booth equipment such as furniture, hanging hooks, custom-designed displays and shipping services, may be ordered directly from the GES Exhibitor Kit. GES maintains an onsite service booth that is open during EXPO Hall hours and is located just outside the entrance to Americas Hall I on the 3rd floor. Exhibitors may use this service for booth repair or ordering small equipment.
22. Who are the floor managers in the EXPO Hall and what are their responsibilities?
Each floor of the exhibit hall is staffed at all times by APAP floor managers. The floor managers circulate throughout the EXPO Hall and are available to answer your questions, explain the rules and enforce the codes of conduct. Floor managers are present during load-in, set-up and operating hours of the EXPO Hall.
23. Who provides audiovisual equipment for exhibitors?
Exhibitors may bring their own A/V equipment or they may order equipment from PSAV, the Hilton's on-site audiovisual provider. The A/V request form is included in the GES Exhibitor Kit.
24. Who provides electricity to the exhibit booths?
The Hilton provides exhibit booth electricity. All exhibitors requiring electricity can access the electrical request form in the GES Exhibitor Kit.
25. What free advertising is provided to exhibitors?
All exhibitors are listed in the following conference-related materials:
- Conference program book
- EXPO Hall map
26. What other advertising or promotional opportunities are available to exhibitors?
- Program and Showcase Listing Book ads
- Online advertising
- Tote bag inserts and advertising
- Elevatory Video Ads
- Online Booth Enhancements
- Inside Arts ad savings for sponsors and members
- Conference e-news ads
Learn more about sponsorship and advertising opportunities.